The High Point YWCA is looking for a Pottery Instructor. The classes are completely up to the instructor on what they want to teach, and what times and days (just as long as there is not another class going on).
Requirements would include:
– having knowledge of clay, hand-building and working on the wheel
– ability to operate an electric kiln (very easy to learn)
– ability to mix up glazes (we have recipes to go by)
– ability to lift 50lbs (one box of clay)
– some teaching experience, being comfortable working with both small and large groups of all ages
Examples of Classes:
– 6 week pottery classes that meet every week (on-going)
– Monthly pottery workshops
– Pottery Parties
– Brownie Pottery Badge Classes (we do have Boy Scout classes, but instructor needs to be trained through the Boy Scouts first, Brownies do not require training)
– Summer Camps
– High Point Arts Council Grant (we just received a grant to teach 12 weeks of pottery to non-profit youth. Classes must be completed by the end of May 2015) **I would need the most help with this one, and it’s a guaranteed class, since we already have the grant funding for it)
Benefits other than gaining knowledge of teaching and expanding your resume would be, instructors can have use of the studio. We only ask that you purchase your clay through us $30 per 25lb bag, glazes are included. The kiln space however needs to be reserved for students, then instructors can put their work in as there is room.
YWCA Studio Arts Coordinator and Pottery Instructor
YWCA High Point
112 Gatewood Ave.
High Point, NC 27262