Randolph Arts Guild
The Randolph Arts Guild seeks a qualified, knowledgeable, energetic, resourceful, inspiring, self-motivated and organized leader to serve as its Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will possess strong professional skills achieved through formal education and extensive arts administration experience. Among the skills needed are strong written and oral communication skills, exceptional management skills, and in-depth knowledge of planning and budgeting. The candidate must be able to supervise groups while working in partnership with diverse constituencies. This person must possess strong inter-personal skills and be capable of establishing strong, positive relationships with the Guild’s membership, community partners and the Board of Directors. Role includes taking a detail-oriented, pro-active approach in researching, presenting, and implementing new initiatives.
Applicants should be action-oriented and skilled at prioritizing; time management skills to complete simultaneous tasks are essential. The successful candidate will bring to the position in-depth knowledge of the nonprofit arts industry and possess a track record of effective administration of arts programs.
The Executive Director will be responsible for day-to-day operations as well as the planning and execution of major events including NC Potters Conference and the Asheboro Fall Festival.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and the key duties and responsibilities include:
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate staff (currently supervises four employees).
- Administer resources according to the Board approved budget.
- Develop and oversee fundraising, membership and marketing in collaboration with the Board.
- Implement strategic actions as outlined by the Board.
- Maintain quality and consistency in all Guild programs and services.
- Be informed of and responsive to external and internal trends, activities, requirements, regulations and needs of the community.
- Report regularly to the Board, recommending policy or procedure changes as needed.
- Oversee the daily activities/operations of the Randolph Arts Guild.
- Provide fiscal and financial oversight for the organization.
- Apply for, execute and report on public / and private grants.
- Develop and manage an annual fund campaign, including mailings, solicitations, and meetings with individual donors and potential corporate sponsors.
- Act as a liaison to local government, partner organizations, and the arts community.
- Coordinate and facilitate the installation of monthly exhibitions.
- Organize, plan, and execute NC Potters Conference and Asheboro Fall Festival in coordination with respective volunteer committees.
- Represent The Randolph Arts Guild at official functions, in professional associations, and as spokesperson to the media and constituents in a manner that inspires and shares the joy that that arts can bring to people’s lives.
- Serve as a member of the executive committee and be an ex-officio member of all board committees.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have superior project management and time management skills. The Executive Director must be self-motivated, action-oriented, and, at times, an independent worker. Must be able to supervise and coordinate their own work as well as the work of others.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, driven, and must possess strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging based on target audience and method of delivery. Must be able to communicate the mission and inspire excitement about programs and activities.
The Executive Director must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced and flexible work environment with multiple priorities.
Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate Degree, non-profit management, business, or a related field preferred.
Five or more years in nonprofit administration or related field preferred with experience in fundraising, event planning, education, and/or grant writing. Three years supervisory experience.
Fluent in MS Office Application Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Etc.), Gmail and Google Apps for Non-Profits, Experience Posting on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) as a Business and Organization, ConstantContact (or similar email marketing service), Photoshop, InDesign, , Google Analytics, Peachtree (or similar financial software), WordPress.
Willing to work nights/weekends, and local travel within the county when necessary in order to implement programs. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and climb a ladder and stairs on a regular basis. Ability to use basic hand tools.
Full-Time Salaried position approximately 40-50 hours per week. Evening and weekend work required. Salary range is $35,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter, resume, and references (name, title, phone number, and email address for a minimum of 3 references) to RandolphArtsGuild@gmail.com with the subject line “RAG Executive Director”
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
The mission of the Randolph Arts Guild is to develop, coordinate, and promote activities for the citizens of Randolph County to educate, foster appreciation, and provide for self-expression of the arts.
As a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, the Guild conducts its business through a twenty four member volunteer Board of Directors, a small paid staff, and volunteers
The Guild’s annual budget is approximately $300,000 derived from member dues, gift shop sales, special events, grants, donations and program fees.
The Guild concentrates its energies on offering arts opportunities including workshops, classes, camps, lectures, exhibitions, festivals, and special events.